We are a group of young residents who found, and built, our homes in the Pinhal Interior region of Central Portugal. We came here from all corners of Portugal, Europe and have even crossed oceans to inhabit the abandoned farms, revive the neglected fields and reforest the depleted mountain slopes. We left our privileged city lives behind because in a world that is currently so out of balance, that comfort zone didn’t feel right to us any longer.
Within a few decades the majority of humans will live in cities, our everyday lives disconnected from the environment where other species, plants and trees thrive. In our modern day lives we are so detached from Nature, and therefore ourselves, that in order to find our way out of the confusion, we welcome everyone who seeks to re-establish a deeper connection with our natural environment.
With everything we do, we believe that Nature is our source rather than an inexhaustible resource. We believe that we are not better, more intelligent or superior to her. We are Nature. When she thrives, we thrive. When she falters, we falter. Nature doesn’t need us, but we need her all the more.
Therefore, we redefine luxury by revealing the wealth of our natural environment, the richness of nothingness and the priceless beauty of the sun setting behind the mountains. We replace sparkling jewellery for sparkling rivers, we exchange the 6 o’clock news for the 6 o’clock sun rays making a rainbow over the waterfall.
The Territory of Wildlings
We hope to inspire others and collectively embark with many more on our crazy adventure into nature and back to ourselves. Wildlings takes you on wild rides, shows you the highest peaks and deepest valleys of Central Portugal, dives into the many hidden paradise pools and waterfalls and shows you where to bathe in beautiful indigenous forests. We will plant seeds of inspiration and environmental wisdom, helping you find the intimacy in connection with nature and guide you in changing our outdated perspective from Natural wealth into Common wealth.
We invite you to visit our territory, the territory of WILDLINGS.
For now our territory is the undiscovered mountain region of Central Portugal that suffers from the desertification of humans and the natural environment, yet presents a broad spectrum of natural wealth, stunning villages and exciting trails. However, we are not bound by borders. We will connect with Wildlings all over the planet. With this project we hope to inspire young people from the cities to reconnect with nature, and perhaps even consider a life closer to nature like we are establishing here. Besides a large-scale redesign and implementation plan for the landscape taken up by mono-culture tree plantations, the region also needs young people to reoccupy the abandoned towns, fields and forestland. Over the last decade hundreds have migrated to these remote areas but we need many more to join us.
We look forward to getting to know our tribe all over the planet.
Follow us on Instagram
- Work hard, holiday harder. Happy weekend! 💚
- We are often asked: “But how do you start a life like yours, away from the financial security and convenience of the city?” Have no fear, be brave , jump in and follow your joy.
- While we gave you a little peak into our lives on TV tonight, we were actually busy all day using the local resources available to us (dead trees from the fire) to create new structures on the land which is a lot of fun! #circulareconomy #roundwoodbuilding #handtools #rewilding
- It’s amazing to read your heartfelt responses after receiving the book. Thank you, it means a lot! We have a few copies left for those wanting to make summer’19 a memorable one. (Link in bio) #rewilding #giftsofnature #centralportugal
- United colors of collaboration: Yesterday team Wildlings enjoyed a wonderful fresh, organic plantbased dinner straight off the stunning farm Vale das Botas to celebrate our first book and collaborative work over the past months. 30 people from 8 different countries have been working on our shared mission of rewilding the planet. Thank you for joining us. More projects coming up soon! 💚#allwegotisus #rewildling #wearenature #somosnatureza
- As Wildling Jack points out: “Its hard work living in Paradise.” And although we enjoy spending our free time in the waterfalls and paradise pools surrounding us, most of our days are spend helping Nature regenerate and testing alternatives to unsustainable practices that cause environmental collapse. More info about that in our book (link in bio) and we hope more of you will join us in the effort to rewild our planet and human selves. 💚