We are a group of young residents who found, and built, our homes in the Pinhal Interior region of Central Portugal. We came here from all corners of Portugal, Europe and have even crossed oceans to inhabit the abandoned farms, revive the neglected fields and reforest the depleted mountain slopes. We left our privileged city lives behind because in a world that is currently so out of balance, that comfort zone didn’t feel right to us any longer.
Within a few decades the majority of humans will live in cities, our everyday lives disconnected from the environment where other species, plants and trees thrive. In our modern day lives we are so detached from Nature, and therefore ourselves, that in order to find our way out of the confusion, we welcome everyone who seeks to re-establish a deeper connection with our natural environment.
With everything we do, we believe that Nature is our source rather than an inexhaustible resource. We believe that we are not better, more intelligent or superior to her. We are Nature. When she thrives, we thrive. When she falters, we falter. Nature doesn’t need us, but we need her all the more.
Therefore, we redefine luxury by revealing the wealth of our natural environment, the richness of nothingness and the priceless beauty of the sun setting behind the mountains. We replace sparkling jewellery for sparkling rivers, we exchange the 6 o’clock news for the 6 o’clock sun rays making a rainbow over the waterfall.
The Territory of Wildlings
We hope to inspire others and collectively embark with many more on our crazy adventure into nature and back to ourselves. Wildlings takes you on wild rides, shows you the highest peaks and deepest valleys of Central Portugal, dives into the many hidden paradise pools and waterfalls and shows you where to bathe in beautiful indigenous forests. We will plant seeds of inspiration and environmental wisdom, helping you find the intimacy in connection with nature and guide you in changing our outdated perspective from Natural wealth into Common wealth.
We invite you to visit our territory, the territory of WILDLINGS.
For now our territory is the undiscovered mountain region of Central Portugal that suffers from the desertification of humans and the natural environment, yet presents a broad spectrum of natural wealth, stunning villages and exciting trails. However, we are not bound by borders. We will connect with Wildlings all over the planet. With this project we hope to inspire young people from the cities to reconnect with nature, and perhaps even consider a life closer to nature like we are establishing here. Besides a large-scale redesign and implementation plan for the landscape taken up by mono-culture tree plantations, the region also needs young people to reoccupy the abandoned towns, fields and forestland. Over the last decade hundreds have migrated to these remote areas but we need many more to join us.
We look forward to getting to know our tribe all over the planet.
Follow us on Instagram
- Today we are not fighting for the survival of our planet but that of our own species. She is so much powerful than we are and will keep spinning with or without us. Do we chose to continue on the path of violence, destruction and exploitation or do we desire a different one? It’s up to us. Chose wisely. 💚 Drone 📷 Volkan Tokmak / Spectral Q #creativeresistance #amazonburning #notoecocide #portugallivredeminas
- Truly amazing to see hundreds of you today at Torre to say No to ecocide and defend our water, air and earth. Thank you all for standing up against destruction and violence to protect all life, including ours. Video of this special day coming up soon. All we got is us. 💚 #portugallivredeminas #amazonburning #ecocidecrime #basta #creativeresistance
- We need all of you Wildlings to join us on Sat Aug 24th at Torre to protect this precious planet from more destruction. Free transport is arranged from the bigger cities around the Serra da Estrela. More info through the link in bio. See you there! 💚 #creative #resistance #portugallivredeminas #defendthesacred
- We want to meet all of you! What better place than the highest point of Portugal mainland. Save the date: Saturday August 24th. 💚 (Link in bio) #waterislife #portugallivredeminas #stopextraction #somosnatureza
- Work hard, holiday harder. Happy weekend! 💚